Aug 12, 2010

Girls Night & an update

Well, it looks like it is going to be a Girls Night tonight .... Don is taking Josh to the Dentist and Charlotte & I are staying home.  Think we'll pop some popcorn, curl up on the couch and watch 'While You Were Sleeping'.  Sounds like a great evening to me, lol.

Today is our 4th day of our new school year - it's actually going really well (much better than I had anticipated).  The kids are having no problems with their schedule (it really helps to get them involved in the planning of the new school schedule) .... usually we end up changing (or should I say 'tweaking') it somehow - last year we added 'Ketchup Class' to the schedule .... this is a class that they can use to finish any schoolwork that didn't get completed during the assigned time (the kids chose to spell it Ketchup instead of Catchup because they liked the little play on words, lol).

Last week (or maybe it was the week before that) I had been chatting with a friend on FaceBook - we were discussing handcrafts (mostly yarn stashes, lol) and sewing .... I mentioned to her that I don't really have room in our house for a sewing room (we live in a 16' wide modular home).  Well, after discussing this with her, she really inspired me to try and find a space that I could set up my sewing machine and use it.  Soooooooo, I took a little area in my bedroom and set up the sewing table there ..... we went in to Wal-Mart last night and I picked up a cheap little stereo (has a radio and CD player), set it up, so now I will be able to listen to music while I'm stitching away.


Isn't that just the cutest material you have ever seen?  I call it my "Happy Hippo" material, lol ... haven't really decided what to make with it - I may make some baby burpies like Deanna (over at Our Plain and Simple Life) has made here .... but that could change, who knows, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment