Nov 15, 2010

15 already??????

I know, I know ... I'm a little bit tardy in posting about Josh's 15th birthday.  I have a valid reason, though .... I was waiting until I received permission from all the parents before I posted a picture of their children on my blog.  ˚Ü˚


On November 7th, Josh turned 15, I can hardly believe how quickly the time has flown by.  Planning Josh's party is actually pretty entertaining - he starts planning, almost, a year before his next birthday ..... he always has ideas churning around in his head about what he and his friends can do on that day.  ˚Ü˚

This year was no exception ..... he invited 5 friends over, made sure that a couple of them were girls so that Charlotte wouldn't feel left out and then the planning began.  He wanted to have his birthday party from 2:00 to 6:00 ..... my thoughts were "what are we going to do, to keep 7 kids (ranging in age from 11 to 15) entertained for 4 hours.  No worries, though, he had it all figured - marshmallow guns!!!!!  Don was able to construct 8 marshmallow guns (7 for the kids and 1 for me - he already had one), then on the day of the party, the kids decorated their marshmallow guns with coloured electrical tape.  ˚Ü˚

For my contribution I knit up 7 bags on the knitting machine - it was a win/win idea ..... the kids got ammo bags and I used up some more of my stash, lol.  Making the bags was really easy, I used 40 needles, did an e cast on and set the dial on my knitting machine to 10.  Next I knit for 89 rows, cast off, seamed up the sides and then Don used glow in the dark rope to make the strap (he also made it so that the strap was adjustable - I think the heights of the kids range from, about, 4' 8" to almost 6').  Into each bag went a bag of mini marshmallows - the kids all got to take home their marshmallow guns, ammo bags and any mini marshmallows they had left ..... safety glasses had to stay here.

Here's a picture of all the kids, with their marshmallow guns and ammo bags:

Charlotte and her friend Deanna decorating their marshmallow guns - you can also see Charlotte's ammo bag:

Josh loading his marshmallow gun:

Don demonstrating how they work:

I think Josh D.'s marshmallow got stuck, lol:

It was a fantastic day for his party .... not to hot out (which was great for a group of kids running around outside).  We ended the party with a wiener roast & hot chocolate and crustless pumpkin pie instead of cake.  Then we took the kids home (except for one boy, his parents came and picked him up because they were heading to the city that evening), visited with some friends, came home and relaxed for a while before heading to bed.  Yep, it was a really great day.  ˚Ü˚

No comments:

Post a Comment