Dec 7, 2010

Homemade yogurt

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I love yogurt - the flavoured kinds are okay, but I really enjoy a bowl of plain yogurt ..... wanna know why??????  Okay, I'll tell you, lol.  I like the plain yogurt because I can add whatever flavouring I want - jam is really good in it, so is chocolate syrup, but my absolute favourite topping for plain yogurt is homemade coffee syrup (like the Nescafe Ice Java, which you could easily use that if you don't have the homemade stuff) and just a smidge of sugar.  ˚Ü˚

This morning I was checking out the recently added patterns on Ravelry (crafters, if you don't have a membership there, you really need to sign up - that site is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I happened to spy a pattern for a jar cozy when making yogurt.  I clicked on it and it took me to the designers blog - not only does she have the pattern there, but she has a recipe to make homemade yogurt - how cool is that, lol.

Now, I have to admit that I've made yogurt before, using my smaller (4 qt) crockpot - but that ends up taking up a lot of counter space that just isn't really available in my house (why do trailers lack counter space and storage space??????????).  Anyways, if I make the yogurt this way, then I'm not using up one whole counter just for the crockpot and I can store it in the fridge using the same jar that it was made in - sounds like a win/win situation to me.  ˚Ü˚

2 comments:

  1. The pattern you used (and the yoghurt recipe) was of Yoghurt 101 - from http://brineydeepdesigns.blogspot.com/ ?

    Thanks,
    Janey
    janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Janey - I did make a batch of yogurt using the recipe from that site and it turned out really well (definitely a make again recipe).

    Unfortunately, I haven't made the jar cozy for my jar, yet ...... I actually went and got a clean wool sock and covered the jar with that - I just recently bought some wool to make the cozy with ..... just need to finish up some projects before I can make it. ˚Ü˚

    ReplyDelete