Jan 13, 2014

Current Projects

Well, after a few weeks of perusing Ravelry, deciding on patterns and adding them to my Christmas Gift list, I have gotten started on one of the items today.  Unfortunately, I can't post a picture of it, or tell you what it is, because the recipient reads my blog.  ˚Ü˚

Thursday of last week I took my loom to weaving & started getting a new warp wound to put on it.  I had bought some cones of 100% cotton & I'm planning on weaving some dish towels.  This Thursday coming up, I'll need to finish winding the warp, and then I can start putting it on the loom.


It kind of looks like I'm just mixing the colours together, but, I'm actually attempting to make a striped warp.  Once the warp is put on the loom, the weft will also be striped - this will hopefully create a checkerboard type of look.  ˚Ü˚


I'll post progress pictures of how the towels are turning out as I work on them.  ˚Ü˚

I finished making the hooded scarf on my small rigid heddle loom ..... it turned out exactly as I had imagined it would.  We gave it to my Mom for Christmas - haven't heard how she likes it.



My DD was gracious & modeled the scarf for me .... the above pic is the front view, and here is a picture of the side view - I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  ˚Ü˚






No comments:

Post a Comment