Aug 13, 2010

I can breathe!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was, what I would call, a bad breathing day - I have asthma and for some reason, that I haven't figured out yet, it is flaring up ... not sure if it is the cold/damp weather that is affecting, or what.

Last night when I went to bed, I ended up having to use my inhaler twice, just to be able to lay down comfortably .... when I checked how many doses were left in the inhaler it showed the number 4, uh oh .... time to make an appointment with the Dr. and get a refill.

In to the Dr. I go this morning - I was very surprised to see the waiting room absolutely empty .... no one was there, which was good because I was early for my appointment and was able to get right in.  ˚Ü˚  So, after some chit-chat (he is a new Dr. in town and very, very friendly) he asked me what he could do for me - I explained that I needed a refill on my inhaler, he asked me what I was using, I showed the inhaler to him and requested a different one (I had been using a discus inhaler and wanted to use the Turbuhaler).  I mentioned some of the breathing problems that I had been experiencing the past couple of days and he told me to use my steroid inhaler, also told me how often I should be using it, too, lol.  I could have smacked myself in the forehead, though, I know that using the steroid inhaler helps me to breathe soooooo much better during these bad breathing times ..... I just keep forgetting about it.

Anyways, he gave me a prescription for the Turbuhaler for both the Bricanyl (the regular inhaler) and the Pulmicort (the steroid inhaler) - after I finished up at the clinic, I went over to the drug store .... got them both filled (thank the Lord we have coverage) and then used them both when I got home.  I need to use the Pulmicort again tonight before bed - basically twice a day for the next week to two weeks .... oh, well, as long as I can breathe.  ˚Ü˚

No comments:

Post a Comment