Aug 25, 2010

Tried a new recipe

On August 18th my friend, Pam (over at Random Finds and Thoughts On Any Given Day) posted a link for a recipe for Pop Up Pancakes.  Well, we tried them out today .... OMGosh they are sooooooooo good!!!!!  We mixed them up in our VitaMix, poured them into Texas size muffin pans (these pans make muffins, roughly, the same size as the ones you can buy at Costco), put them in the oven and 15 minutes later, we had Pop Up Pancakes.

After we said Grace (Josh lead this morning since Don was at work), the kids each took a bite ...... Josh excitedly said that they tasted like French Toast (I put in a splash of vanilla and a shake or two of cinnamon).  So, both the kids have voted that we now call them French Muffins, lol.

I'm posting the list recipe here (just in case I lose the printed out copy I made (which has been known to happen) or the site where the recipe is shuts down), but I do encourage you to check out the site where this recipe is found at:

French Muffins

1 cup milk
1 cup flour (we used a GF flour mix)
6 eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
dash of salt
splash of vanilla
shake or two of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400˚F.  Blend all ingredients in blender & pour into muffin pans (1/2 - 2/3 full).  Bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and golden on top.

Now, I did tweak the recipe, just a little bit ..... this is what I did with them this morning - if you want to check out the original recipe (and see a picture of them, too), here is the link (again):  Pop Up Pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment