Sep 24, 2010

It Works

For a while, now, I have been looking for a recipe to use that would replace those facial cleansers that come with their own little cloths.  Like these:






Now, for the record, we have never used these kinds of products in our house - I just can't seem to bring myself to pay $7 or more (depending on where you live) for a tiny little product like this.  No offense to OXY Daily Cleaning Pads, I'm sure you work great.

Anyways, as I was saying, I've been searching for quite some time for a homemade version of these kinds of items .... and, I think I have found it.  Now, I can't remember where I got the recipe from, but the kids have been using it for a couple of weeks and it appears to be working.  Here's what I do:

Homemade Acne Cleansing Pads

10 mL Distilled Water
1 drop Tea Tree Oil
100% Cotton Make Up Remover Pads
(I'm going to try making my own of these)

Place the distilled water and tea tree oil in a small jar, close lid and mix well.  Add the cotton make up remover pads (make sure that they get saturated).

Now, when you need to use them, just take one out and wipe down your face.  No need to rinse off.  Simple and economical.  ˚Ü˚



2 comments:

  1. Oh thanks Becky! Josh does use these and I have Tea Tree Oil in the medicine cabinet so it will be easy to make up the recipe and add it to his empty jar. thanks! Lori D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, LoriD - if you find a pattern to make the little pads, let me know .... I'm on the look out for a pattern for them. ˚Ü˚

    ReplyDelete