Sep 3, 2010

This & That

It's a little bit disconcerting, when the alarm goes off in the morning, you sit up in bed, look out the window and see the top of the camper covered in white!!!!!!  This has happened a couple of mornings and I am relieved to say that it is only frost, however in another month or so it could be more (we're praying the white stuff holds off till, at least, the end of October .... I don't want to be driving the kids to swimming lessons in the snow, lol).

Today is the last day of orientation for the kids - there are a couple of assignments that we are having trouble completing ..... can't access the pages we need to access on the internet *sigh*.  Once that is done we are heading over to a friends house to do a Science Crate with them ..... we've never done one before, although we have heard wonderful things about them.  ˚Ü˚

A couple of days ago, I was thinking about changing our garden ..... I have a bad knee and it makes it difficult for me to kneel down and pull the weeds.  Soooooo, I came up with an idea ...... large planter pots on my back deck.  Granted this is a new concept, I just don't know why we didn't think of it before .... well, we had thought of having them fastened to the deck railing, but that wasn't feasible for us.  So, I figured if we can get some of those large planter pots that they sell at Wal-Mart, they'll be big enough that the wind shouldn't blow them over, the cats should stay out of them and the deer shouldn't eat the produce .... and, as an added bonus, I won't have to kneel down to do the weeding.  This is still in the planning stages - figuring out if this would be a good solution for us or not.  The potatoes would still stay in the location that they are in now ..... at least I think they will be, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment