Nov 23, 2010

Chilly Day

Well, it was definitely a chilly day in the neighbourhood today ...... when I got up it was -40˚ out there.  Made me want to crawl back into bed and stay curled up under my nice warm blankets, lol.  Alas, I had to get out there and brave the winter weather .... today I had to head in to work and cover for one of the girls at the drug store.

The kids and I have recently started a new "tradition" at our house .... in the afternoon, when the schoolwork is done, we sit around in the kitchen/livingroom, listen to Adventures in Odyssey and work on handcrafts - oh, and more often than not, we also have something hot to drink while we're doing this (usually hot chocolate).  I'm working on the Celtic Cable shawls (I'll post pictures when they are done), Charlotte is working on a new neckwarmer (since it's sooooooo cold out, we definitely need more of these), and Josh is working on his crochet afghan - I think he's getting close to being done it .... it's almost long enough to cover Don, shoulders to feet.  ˚Ü˚

Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying the kids taking their turn at cooking supper?  Well, since I was at work today, the kids have made all of supper ..... Josh was really wanting to make pizza, but I suggested that they stick to cooking what they know how to make - soooo, they made baked chicken, rice, and cream corn.  And, they even cleaned the kitchen while I was away today .... may have to go to work during the week more often, lol.

One last thing, before I go do something else .... I want to share a quote with all of you (I'm going to add it to my sig line for my emails):
True faith produces a life full of actions, not a head full of facts.

      -- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment