Jan 15, 2011

Here's the plan

The other day, while I was checking out Ravelry, I noticed a new KAL for a Celtic Hooded, fingertip length, cape.  Now, for those that know me, they know that I am a sucker for cables ..... I absolutely love them - for a little bit of effort you get a lot of "WOW" factor, lol.  So, I signed up for it - the only downside that I could see is the amount of yarn required for it ..... I think I saw the number 4500 yds floating around on that particular site.  Anyway, there is now way that I could plop down the kind of cash it would take to make this particular cape ..... the wheels in my head started to turn and it suddenly dawned on me that I have a boatload of unspun wool just waiting to be spun.  A lightbulb went off and I was suddenly very excited to get spinning for this project.  Now, while I still consider myself a, somewhat, new spinner, and I have probably bitten off far more than I can chew ...... I figured, it's a year long KAL, I can spin the wool up during the year for this project and by then end of it, I should be pretty proficient on my wheel.  Right?????????  Well, at least that's what I'm telling myself, lol.

Yesterday, I sat down and started spinning - portions of the pattern will be sent out on the last day of each month for 12 months.  I managed to spin up 2 bobbins of wool .... just letting them rest (I have to go to work, lol) and then I'll ply them tomorrow.  Wish I had a 4th bobbin so that I wouldn't have to do that Navajo plying .... it and I don't really play nice together, lol.  Here is a picture of my first bobbin full:


So far, I'm really enjoying spinning this stuff up ..... ask me again in a month or so if I still am, lol.  ˚Ü˚

No comments:

Post a Comment