Jan 12, 2011

Update & a recipe

Well, we are all still down with this cold - thankfully, I'm the only one that's lost their voice from it ..... with as chatty as my kids are, losing their voice would be very hard on them, lol.

On the knitting front, I've got 15 items ready for the Sale - I know, last post said I had 14 ..... not a really big increase, right, lol.  I've put the Sale knitting on hold for a bit while I knit up a pair of mitts for a friend of mine - they are double knit reversible mitts (twice as thick and both sides are the right side ˚Ü˚).  The yarn I'm using is thicker than the usual worsted weight that I normally use, the first mitt is done and it is sooooooooo nice - I really, really need to make myself a pair of these (I even have the wool to do them up in).

I've been meaning to share this particular recipe with you all - I made it for Christmas day (didn't put the pecans in, though, because we couldn't find any) ..... it was a real gamble because my kids don't normally like these kinds of salads, but they both enjoyed this one and have requested that I make it every Christmas:

Pink Lady Salad

1 8 oz carton Cottage Cheese
1 container of Cool Whip topping. thawed
1 3oz box Jell-o, Strawberry flavor
1 cup flake Coconut
1 small can Crushed Pineapple, drained
1/2 cup chopped Pecans

Stir strawberry jello into Topping. Add cottage cheese and pineapple. Then add the coconut and pecans. chill before serving.

Another thing that I wanted to tell you about was our Church Service on Boxing Day - there was 11 of us there (that included our Pastor and her husband), Josh and Charlotte were the only kids there.  We decided to move down to the basement for this Service, so, we all grabbed a bunch of Hymnals and Psalters and headed downstairs.  Once there, a few of us moved some tables together, we went and grabbed some coffee and snacks and then came back to the tables for our Service.  It was the most amazing Service I have ever experienced - as our Pastor was sharing her sermon, we would stop and talk about it & share our thoughts on a particular piece that she had read, she would keep us on track and gently bring us back as she shared more from her sermon.  When we would sing hymns, one of the ladies would get up from the table, go over to the piano and while she played, we would sing.  It was a wonderful way to have Church and I would dearly love to participate in this format again ..... it actually reminded me of how friends of ours have church - they meet in each others homes, discuss passages from the Bible, share in wonderful discussions, pray and sing with each other and then share in a potluck meal together (I may have forgotten some of the things that they do, it's been a while since we've been able to join them).

No comments:

Post a Comment