Feb 8, 2011

Spinning wool

For the past few weeks I have been very busy spinning wool for my fingertip length hooded Celtic Cape ..... it's a KAL that I'm participating in, over on Ravelry.  I decided that I would spin the wool up for it, since I have it waiting for me to do something with, anyways, lol.  At present, I have 226 yards of wool spun and plyed ..... I can definitely see that this could turn into an addictive hobby, lol.  ˚Ü˚

Here is a picture of a regular sized bobbin with a single ply of wool spun up on it:

 

Today, I received my new Freedom Flyer in the mail - it is a jumbo flyer and bobbin for my Ashford Joy .... tonight I put it to use and was very, very pleased with the results.  On it is a 3 ply wool that I made from the singles I had spun onto 3 regular sized bobbins:

 

Don had made me a Niddy Noddy for Christmas, it is a 2 yd one .... meaning that one pass of wool over all four ends equals 2 yds of wool.  Wound onto my Niddy Noddy is 150 yds of 3 ply wool:

No comments:

Post a Comment