Mar 15, 2011


Well, it seems like a long time since I have updated my blog .... things have been going not to bad around our little acreage - both the kids have been keeping busy with their school work, I had my hours increased at the store I work at (went from 1 day a week to two) and Don has been enjoying the work he's been doing at his job.  ˚Ü˚

For the past few months I have been having trouble with my voice leaving, for no reason .... at the urging of our Pastoral Nurse, I finally broke down and went to see the Doctor.  The best guess that he could come up with was that I had cysts on my vocal cords ..... these, he said, were being caused by the use of my steroid inhaler (which I only use when I have a cold).  He recommended that I stop using that particular inhaler (I'm still using my regular inhaler) to see if my voice would come back after not using it.  Great news, it has .... however, I still have a scratchy feeling at the base of my throat and no amount of coughing takes it away.  I'll have to talk to him about that - he may refer me to a specialist, after all.

It was also discovered, at my Dr. appointment that I have high blood pressure - he put me on some medicine for that, sent me for some tests and I go back on Thursday for the results of them ..... I'm not really sure what kinds of questions I should be asking him about this - I know that I do want to find out if I can eventually get off of this medication .... not that it's reacting with me, it's actually working quite well for me.  I'm just not the type of person that likes to take pills all the time, no matter how small they are.  ˚Ü˚

Things on the knitting front are going quite well ..... I recently had a knitting order for elf stocking looking legwarmers - today I finished seaming them together and I think they turned out quite well (sorry for the poor picture - I took this with my phone and it doesn't have the best quality):
Even my darling daughter likes them .... she has requested a pair, lol.  I told her that if I make her a pair, they won't be striped like these ones are - I'll either use self-striping yarn or a solid colour for them.  ˚Ü˚

I had made a mistake on my cape and had to rip it out - progress is going okay on it .... actually, I really need to sit down and be more intentional about working on it.  Part of it, though, is that I've been working on one of the accessories that go with the cape .... the pattern is for a tam, but, since I don't look good in those, I'm converting it to a neckwarmer (or cowl) - I'm really loving how it is turning out, so far ..... the only differences with it are (1) changed the needle size to a 6 mm, instead of a 4 mm and 5 mm, (2) changed the cast on number to 140, rather than 96, and (3) instead of doing the decreases for the crown of the tam, I'll simply keep knitting in pattern and finish off in ribbing.  I'll try to remember to post pictures of it when it is done.  ˚Ü˚

No comments:

Post a Comment