Mar 1, 2011

Wonderful lunch, today

Today I had a real craving for a tuna burger .... well, actually, I had a craving for a burger and for tuna & figured I could combine the two, lol.  I checked out numerous recipes, online, for tuna burgers and all the ones that sounded really good, had bread crumbs in them - since Josh can't have that, I had to find an alternative.

Here's what I ended up doing:
  • 1 tin of tuna (drained well)
  • 3 or 4 spoonfuls of cooked rice (we had some left over so I used that)
  • 1 egg
  • dollop of mayo
  • seasonings (onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salt, pepper, dill)
Mix the above ingredients together and then fry in a pan with oil in the bottom of it.  Once first side is browned (they are a bit tricky to flip the first time), flip them over.  While the second side is browning, you can put cheese slices on, if you choose.  When second side has finished cooking, remove from frypan and place on a hamburger bun ..... I had mayo, spicy mustard and spinach leaves on mine today.  These go really well with homemade seasoned fries.  ˚Ü˚

Tuna Burgers without cheese on them

Homemade spiced fries weren't finished cooking, so, I didn't get them in the picture with my burger.  ˚Ü˚

No comments:

Post a Comment