Jan 3, 2012

First post of the New Year

Is it just me, or did 2011 simply fly by ...... it seemed like it was a very fast year, and many things happened in our lives (some good, some not so good, and one really huge weight was lifted off my shoulders).  It always seems to me like a new year is a new beginning ..... not that it is, it just feels that way - kind of like a clean slate, know what I mean?  I guess that's why people make resolutions - trying to develop new habits, good habits, to herald in the new beginning of a new year.

In keeping with a post I wrote, a couple of entries ago, I'm going to try my hardest to only use up stash yarn in my handcrafting ..... and, I think I'm off to a pretty good start.  Each year, we make Christmas gifts for each other, as well as for friends and family - now, not everyone that we give gifts to receive a homemade gift ..... some people either don't appreciate them, or don't like the fact that they were homemade (they can't put a dollar value on it) - so, those people receive store bought items.

I have already made my Christmas gift list - with room for adding items, as they crop up, throughout the year .... and I've been able to cross off two of the gifts that were listed, because I already finished them - and I used stash yarn to make them.  ˚Ü˚  The downside is that I can't post pictures of what I made, in case this post is read by the recipients .... it's quite exciting to already see progress being made on my list.

Sickness seems to have touched our home ..... Charlotte had a throat infection, Don has a cold, and Josh woke up today with an upset stomach - as for me, I've been very tired lately.  But, on the plus side ..... it looks like my asthma is finally getting under control.  At the beginning of December (or close to it), my asthma flared up and went, totally, out of control - I was having to use both my regular inhaler as well as my steroid inhaler, and it still wasn't in control.  Soooooo, I went to see the Dr. and he prescribed a different inhaler to see how it worked - the good news is that it is working, the bad news (or should I say, annoying news) is that I have to use it every single day now (cutting back a little bit every 7 days, as long as I have no asthmatic symptoms).

Also, since the snow has fallen, farmers have been burning brush/bales/old buildings (they don't need burning permits when there is snow on the ground - at least that's what I've been told), and it's wreaking havoc on my voice ..... drive through some smoke and my voice is gone.  It's getting really, really annoying ....... but, I suppose it could be worse, right.

On a final note - since the beginning of this year, I have started reading my Daily Walk Bible ...... it has the Bible set up for daily reading.  I like reading through the Bible this way ..... it helps me stay on track with it.  Well, off to make some lunch for the kids - have a great day.  ˚Ü˚

No comments:

Post a Comment