Sep 5, 2012

Busy day today

Today has been such a busy & productive day.  Along with getting all of our school work completed, I also did some canning today.  ˚Ü˚

There is an apple tree in our front yard, which we have never really done anything with .... this year, though, I decided that I was going to use some of those apples & so far I have made 31 quart jars (4 of those were done today) + 2 pint jars of apple juice and, I made 8 pint jars of Crockpot Apple Butter - all with our very own apples.  ˚Ü˚  I also made 3 pint jars of apple pie filling, but, I used store bought apples for that .... I'd still be peeling our apples if I was to use them, lol (they aren't the biggest of apples).  I'd like to make more of the apple pie filling, but, I ran out of cinnamon .... so, that'll be a project for another day.  ˚Ü˚


Now, off to go & finish up the laundry and then finish making the Crockpot Potato Soup.  Have a great evening everyone.  ˚Ü˚

No comments:

Post a Comment