Oct 29, 2020

Covid testing and crafting

Over the weekend I seem to have come down with a cold .... which is of no surprise to me as it seems to have been making the rounds (from what I read on Facebook, which we all know is the gospel, lol).  Now, here is the kicker .... I had been off work for 3 days (in which time the cold made its appearance), yesterday I phoned my manager and explained to them that I had a cold and asked what my next step should be as I was scheduled to work the next day.  Turns out, I can't return to work until I have had a covid test and it comes back negative.  I scheduled a time to get my test done (today) and it looks like I will be quarantined for 10 days .... less if the test comes back negative and my symptoms go away.

On the home front, though, I have managed to weave 9 dishcloths on my rigid heddle loom and I've gotten 1 winter sock done for Sunshine .... she's 2 1/2 and I have yet to make her a thick pair of winter socks.  For the winter socks, I always use Berroco Vintage but my local yarn store was sold out when I went to buy some so I ended up getting Estelle Worsted instead, it's 50% acrylic 40% wool and 10% nylon and I hope that this yarn will be as warm as the Berroco has been.

On another crafting note, my nephew and his wife are expecting their first child in December so I'm working on getting my floor loom warped to make a baby blanket for them .... it's very slow going as I run out of energy pretty quickly right now (because of this cold).  But, it will hopefully be warped very soon and then I can start weaving on it.  I've chosen a self striping purple that has very long colour changes, which are also gradient changes rather than sudden ones.  I'll try and post some pictures of it once I get going on it.

Well, I better sign off now .... my dog is wanting to come in from outside.  Hope you all have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment