Oct 25, 2020

Dusting off the blog

 For some reason, I decided to check out my blog ..... it's been several years since I had posted and thought that maybe I would dust it off and start posting again.  I'm not sure how dedicated I will be to keeping it updated, but thought it might be fun to start it up again.

For those of you that have read our blog before, you may remember that when I started blogging our children were homeschooled ... they have grown and moved out and we now have 2 Grandchildren.

My crafting is still going strong and has actually expanded .... I have my own floor loom that I am weaving baby blankets on.  This year, my sewing machine (an old Viking that we found at a Thrift Store and converted to a treadle as the motor was shot on it) has even been put in to the work force as I have been making many, many, many face masks for myself and my coworkers.  My rigid heddle loom that I had for so long finally wore out so we bought a new one .... I'm really not loving this new loom & after much discussion with my Husband, we have decided to dismantle it so that we can use parts from it to make me a new 2 shaft loom (hopefully it turns out as well in real life as it is in my head, lol).

Today is a very cold morning .... last I checked it was -20C, it's been a long time since it's been this cold in October.  I'm very thankful that I get to stay in where it is warm ..... think I'll put on a pot of soup in the slow cooker and maybe make some biscuits to go with it for supper.

The little town where we live recently opened a used bookstore .... it's a cute little place that has a coffee bar in it, places to sit & visit and they have started up a Knit Night there (I haven't had the chance to go to that, but I am planning on attending).  On one of our numerous visits I discovered that they have a bunch of the classics, which have been on my reading list for a very long time .... I managed to buy several and am looking forward to reading them:  The Call of the Wild, The Scarlet Letter, The Picture of Dorian Gray, A Journey to The Center of The Earth, Gulliver's Travels, Frankenstein, and A Tale of Two Cities.

Hope you all have a blessed day and that you stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment