Oct 27, 2010

Feels like a soup kind of day

Today, as we look out our living room window, we can see large fluffy flakes of snow gently falling down.  To the right of our living room window we can see the chickadees filling their tiny stomachs at the bird feeder.  Everything looks so peaceful outside right now.

It's a bit chilly in our house right now so we decided to do up a pot of soup - it's in the crock simmering away as I type.  Usually when I make soup I follow a recipe - today I decided to be a bit of a rebel and just toss things in the crock.  I made a batch of rice in the rice cooker, fried up some hamburger and added taco seasoning to it.  Into the crock went some of the rice, the taco seasoned hamburger, a can of diced seasoned tomatoes, some frozen corn and then 2 cups of beef broth (that was about the only thing that I measured, lol).  I'm contemplating making some GF cornbread muffins to go with it .... not sure if it will happen, but it sure sounds good.  ˚Ü˚

This past weekend we went down and spent the whole weekend with some friends of ours - it was the very first time we got to sleep in our new-to-us RV and it was really good.  ˚Ü˚  This past Saturday was the fall cattle drive, we were helping to bring the cows home after they spent the summer out at pasture.  It was a wonderful time and we were able to reconnect with some friends that we normally don't get to see very often.

On Sunday we watched a movie called "The Case For Faith", it's based on the book by Lee Strobel .... I have to say, I wasn't really that impressed with it - it did make some good points, but I felt that they didn't end it very well.  Maybe the book is better, though.  Discussion time after the movie was really good - I love getting together with this group of friends to discuss the Bible .... it really makes me think and dig into my Bible more so that I can "see for myself", lol.  One of the discussions that was brought up was about serving/helping others - one of the ladies there mentioned (this is paraphrased) that she really couldn't see how she could help others when she was needing so much help herself (she suffers from health issues that often prevent her from getting out of her house).  I loved Don's response to her .... "you needing help at this time could be your way of serving/helping others ..... it is giving others a chance to be the body by helping you and you are being the body by letting them help you" (his response is paraphrased as well .... I can't quite remember exactly how he put it).

Well, I best get off this computer .... we have our facilitator coming for a visit and the kids have Spanish in a half hour (give or take).  ˚Ü˚

No comments:

Post a Comment