Oct 4, 2010

Memory Verse Monday

Last week we added a new "feature" to our homeschooling routine - actually it was one that I had planned on adding all along .... we are having the kids memorize Scripture.  Last week our memory verse was Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord alway:  and again I say, Rejoice".  This was a very easy one for the kids to memorize ... it is one that we sing in Church as our Childrens Song (sometimes).

Our new verse is found in Colossians 3:16,17 (I'm posting them in KJV, but you can use whichever translation you find most comfortable):
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Last week I had done a word search on the meaning of rejoice .... this week, I'm not going to do one because I have a cold and I need to go and rest.  So, if any of you are following along with the weekly verses that our kids are doing, I hope we didn't keep you waiting to long to get this weeks verse.  ˚Ü˚

No comments:

Post a Comment