Oct 1, 2010

Sharing a recipe - Recipe Friday

Last night I went to Craft Night at a friends house - it was really great to go there ... I took my spinning wheel & some knitting (I'm trying to teach myself how to knit Continental Style) - I wasn't sure which one that I was going to work on - and ended up spinning the whole evening (managed to finish filling up a bobbin that I had started a couple nights before).  Anyway, before I headed over there, I baked some muffins to take for a treat for everyone .... these are really, really good (taste best when warm - which these were ˚Ü˚)

Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Muffins

6 Tbsp butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 white flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 Tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 2 Tbsp boiling water
3/4 cup chocolate chips

  • Heat oven to 375˚F degrees.  Grease 6-muffin pan.  In large bowl, beat on medium speed:  butter and sugar till light and fluffy.  Beat in egg, vanilla, and dissolved coffee granules until blended.
  • In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.  Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating just until combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Divide batter among muffin pan cups.
  • Bake 25-30 minutes or until they test done.  Best served warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment