Nov 16, 2011

Lots of goings on around here

It dawned on me, the other day, that I hadn't updated my blog for a really long time - been busy working on Christmas presents/knitting orders/and playing on Facebook.

Lots of things have been happening in our lives, since I last posted ...... and while I can't quite remember all of them, I'll give you a few highlights, lol

  • I had recently gone to the eye doctor and discovered that my eyes have not changed in 3 years - that was very exciting news to me ...... to bad my frames could not have stayed in as good of shape, lol, yep, I needed to get new frames (which are definitely taking getting used to).
  • we purchased a "new to us" vehicle and Don is now driving our car back and forth to work, which means that our 3/4 ton truck is parked - this isn't a bad thing, especially since it was costing sooooooo much to fill it (it's a diesel).
  • Joshua finished crocheting his afghan that he started a few years ago as a school art project (I'll post a picture at the end of this entry) - it is now on his bed, keeping him snuggly warm on these cold (and soon to get colder) nights.
  • there has been a cold running rampant through our household and everyone in our family has caught it - not a really huge deal for most, but it has played havoc with my breathing and my voice .... having the farmers (in our area) burning everything they can because it has snowed hasn't helped either.
  • this week, I'm getting a taste of what it is like to work full-time ...... one of my coworkers had a death in their family (her mother-in-law passed away) and I'm filling in for her - it's really making me appreciate my usual 2 days a week shift.
  • school is carrying on, as usual, for us .... we have had a bit of a hiccup in this years educational journey, but it's getting worked out.  ˚Ü˚
  • Charlotte has been continuing with her piano lessons and has been improving by leaps & bounds ..... tonight, at Choir practice, her instructor (who is also one of the Choir leaders in our Church) handed her some music with Christmas songs to practice (because she feels Charlotte is ready for this step).  ˚Ü˚
  • next week, our homeschool support group is going to a ceramics place and the kids will be painting up some items (most of them are doing this for Christmas presents) - it will be wonderful to get together with this group again, they are soooooo very supportive and fun to be around.  ˚Ü˚
  • tonight, I experimented for supper ..... I diced and fried up some chicken, added some diced potatoes, threw in some frozen corn and peas, mixed in a couple cans of mushroom soup and then poured a pizza crust (which is actually a batter) over top, and, put it in the oven to bake.  It turned out really well, much better than I figured it would, lol ..... Charlotte has requested that we tweak the crust part when I make this again, though.  I think, on the whole, it was a success .... everyone seemed to like it.  ˚Ü˚
  • in June, we journeyed to another province and visited my oldest brother, his wife and their oldest son - we took my Mom out with us and had a wonderful time ...... the scenery is absolutely breathtaking where he lives - definitely want to go back for another visit.  ˚Ü˚
Okay, I think that's it .... at least, that's all I can think of, for now - I'll try and post a better entry, the next time I update.  ˚Ü˚

Here is the picture of Josh with his completed afghan ..... he's getting close to 6' tall and when he holds it up, it covers his entire body (including his head):

No comments:

Post a Comment