Nov 22, 2011

recently completed projects

A month (or so) ago, we were in Wal-Mart and I saw a woman wearing a toque that looked like a cupcake.  Since then, I have been wanting to make one for myself and, this past week, I did make one ..... complete with sprinkles on top.  ˚Ü˚



Charlotte made the pompom (the cherry) for the top of the toque - she did that while I was finishing up knitting the "icing".  ˚Ü˚



I really like this picture of Charlotte modeling the Cupcake Hat for me.

I also made up some thumbless baby mitts ..... one pair is for my great-niece (I played with the pattern and made hers double thick) and one pair is for a friend of mine from Church.  I also added the string to keep them in the sleeves of their jackets.  The pattern for these mitts was a very easy one to follow ..... I played with it a bit, when I made the mitts for my great-niece (I made them double thick):


The ones pictured above are single thickness ..... and here are the double thick ones I made for my great-niece (I made them grey because I'm figuring that a future little brother/sister could wear these as well):

No comments:

Post a Comment